If you need a little more feedback than the student community offers then I highly suggest scheduling a one-on-one session with me. This option is incredibly helpful if you feel derailed, frustrated or are in over your head. Use this as an opportunity to make sure your exercises and projects are on track. I am happy to personally evaluate your work, offer guidance on how to improve, and of course throw in some virtual-Jaya encouragement!
Your feedback & critique session includes:
- One hour Zoom session with me. This is recorded and e-mailed to you after our session so you have it for your reference.
- Option to directly e-mail me questions with corresponding imagery of your work from the course. E-mail these to me at least 24 hours before we meet so I am prepared to offer you the most in-depth feedback as possible.
- Troubleshooting areas of challenge from the course with direct suggestions on how to achieve success.
To schedule a feedback and critique session feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to connecting with you!
This is all about YOU!
An ongoing one-on-one mentorship program is hands down the quickest way to propel you to where you want to be artistically.
This is a program that can be used in conjunction with Color Mix Masterclass and/or your own artistic practice. We meet via Zoom once a month for one hour and discuss your work, hurdles, and progress.
Personalized mentorship program includes:
- One hour Zoom session with me. This is recorded and e-mailed to you after our session so you have it for your reference. (See below for extending session time and frequency.)
- Option to directly e-mail me questions with corresponding imagery of your work (either from the course, or your personal practice.) E-mail these to me at least 24 hours before we meet so I am prepared to offer you the most in-depth feedback as possible.
- Pinpointing areas of challenge and troubleshooting how to overcome these hurdles.
- Critique and feedback to either affirm you are on the right track or get you back on track. (It's OK, sometimes we get a little derailed...)
- Suggestions, tips and hacks to streamline your practice and accelerate your painting progress.
- Technique demonstrations using an overhead camera.
With a personalized experience tailored to you we work together to strengthen your painting skills and expand your techniques in order to achieve your goals.
$99 / 1-hour session
Try out a session first before committing to more.
$400 / 5 1-hour sessions (or $80 / 1-hour session)
Committing to 5 months incredibly motivational because accountability comes into play! This is beneficial because you will truly be able to gauge your progress and adjust your painting practice along the way.
To schedule a mentorship session / private lesson absolutely e-mail me directly at email@example.com. Let's get our brushes dirty!
In my 15 + years of teaching I have found that these qualities make for the ideal learning mentality. When jumping into a feedback session or mentorship program keep these points in mind:
You are on the right path and yes, there will be missteps at times. However this doesn't mean you have to beat yourself up. Downplaying success and putting constant attention on the struggle will keep you operating on a lower-level of thought. Changing this attitude is a huge turning point. Being frustrated is different from being negative. We will identify the challenge, face it, and work past it.
This means being open to instruction, critique, and feedback. Being defensive means taking the feedback personally, and this is not the intention of one-on-one instruction. I would consider this one of the biggest roadblocks to achieving the goals you desire.
Trust me, I know...why would someone enroll in a class or private lesson only to resist or even combat instruction? I'll tell you -- it happens and it is an expensive waste of time.
Be ready to dive in when our session begins. You are encouraged to forward any pertinent questions, pics and imagery to me before our session. (I suggest at least 24 hours in advance so I can be prepared to discuss them with you.) Of course it's natural to spend a little time saying "hello!" and catching up before we jump in, and every once in a while the conversation can get a little heavy (sometimes this is necessary in order to achieve a breakthrough.) Ultimately, to receive max value from our sessions I encourage using the entire time to focus on your art. Save conversations surrounding work/health/puppies/love life etc for another time ;)
I also hold myself accountable to these qualities in order to provide the best possible learning experience for you.
I suggest one (one hour) session per month, however if you're motivated to meet more frequently then that is absolutely doable. If you would like to meet for a longer period of time then the hourly rate is the same as the sessions you are enrolled in:
$99/hour or $80/hour (5 package rate)
Ideally additional time must be scheduled in advance, however if we are in session (and both of our schedules allow) then we can always extend the current session if desired. I can understand that sometimes we'll be on a roll and need to dive in a little further. If you have purchased the 5 session package then you can always use sessions back to back.
The hourly rate is a flat rate whether the entire hour is used or not. I encourage you to receive max value by using the entire hour to focus on your art.
I understand that plans change and if you are unable to make our session just let me know in advance (preferably 24 hours.) I am flexible and happy to reschedule with you. I will also be in communication with you incase something unexpected comes up on my end.
If you decide the mentorship package isn't for you I am happy to refund any unused sessions. For instance if we meet for 4 out of 5 sessions then you will be refunded 1 session.
No show, no refund.